15 Apr 2013

39th Worldwide Sketchcrawl Day - Pioneer Village

On a showery cold day we headed down to the Taranaki Pioneer Village near Stratford. I stuck to sketching indoors.

Here is the old Pembroke School Room:

I went back to pen drawing with this one.

After lunch I went up to the Mangatoki Church.

In 1904 the need for a local church resulted in a Union Church being built to serve local Methodists, Anglicans and Presbyterians. Mr Blackhall of Eltham submitted the successful tender for the church. The final church service was held at Mangatoki on 14.2.1988. The church was then moved to the Taranaki Pioneer Village in two sections on 29.3.1988 and 30.3.1988.
The Mangtoki Women's Institute continue to care for the church and the gardens.

This is the beautiful old wooden pulpit:

This one I did in pencil and my new watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment