4 Mar 2017

Let’s Sketch New Plymouth’ Informal Aotearoa Urban Sketching weekend 4/5 March

Today was the first day of the 'Informal' Aotearoa Urban Sketching weekend. What a full  on day it was too. Last night we had a dinner and a few of us sketched each other across the table:


Faye Sketching at Dinner.

Today the early birds started by sketching in the area of the Len Lye Centre. I met up with everyone at Ozone Coffee Roasters. It decided to rain, so we stayed put and sketched. I started sketching a cool leather bag that was hanging up on one of the coat hooks. Trouble was, the owner came and took it before I had finished!


We then went and had a look around the Len Lye Centre and the Govett Brewster Art Gallery. After that? Lunch.


Next stop Pukekura Park. I decided to try the Band rotunda. I've looked at this many times, but I've never tried to sketch it as it is quite intricate. I thought I would be brave today.


And here's a few photos:


Eileen, Paul and Maurice:


Dave and Andrew:


Eric, Paul and Maurice:


A gaggle of sketchers at the band rotunda:



Liliana from Lyttelton:


Coreen and Brian:


Eric from Auckland:


Coreen, Brian and Liliana:


The Wellington Group:




Dave and Andrew:


1 comment: